By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

(Responsive) ANY Tablet settings changed never SAVE

TimLippert

TimLippert

Hi
I am using Oceanwp theme, one of the most popular and flexible themes, along with this most popular page builder and I have paid for PRO Elementor.

My desktop and mobile settings, on any adjustment tab or option, always save 100% properly.

Any setting I make different from the other 2 with tablet responsive active NEVER saves for anything I change. Paddings, alignments, margins.....anything! It always moves the stuff the FIRST time I change things in tablet mode, but they dont stay and any further adjustments to them show no change at all. The padding 10 I added in the first attempt (just an example) could be changed to 100 and nothing at all happens then.

Are we forced to use custom CSS to have tablet settings save or is this an actual bug?

A

Amelia

Hi Tim,

I came to this forum because of a similar issue - see my post in the thread 'WHY DOES "ELEMENTOR PRO COLUMN EDIT" NOT WORK FOR TABLETS ?' . Changes do work but don't show in preview. Seems to be a bug but perhaps someone with more experience than me can confirm that.
Amelia

TimLippert

TimLippert

Thank you Amelia, unfortunately I don't own a tablet to test your theory. If you have one could you please see if the about-ud page looks right?.....The top picture there has a faked textbox/picture overlap. In my preview it is showing both pictures overlapped onto each other (the smaller one is only to look normal on mobile and wont be seen on desktop or tablet using reverse columns and hide's)

.......room2a1........com/ ......about-us/

A

Amelia

Nice site Tim. Always good to see the arts alive.

Your text box picture overlap looks good on tablet landscape but there's some weirdness in portrait. Here image above textbox but a slice of photo seems to repeat on right handside. Try resizing a browser window to mimic different screen sizes. You should be able to see for yourself.

A

T

Trayee Pradhan

I also couldn't find changes on preview, after clearing the browsing cache issue got resolved. Simple but you can try it.

TimLippert

TimLippert

I've cleared my cache several times Trayee (thanks for replying!),and due to Amelia's reply, it has nothing to do with MY cache because she sees the problem i am having. My tablet changes...no mattere what they are...are simply not saving like they do on mobile.

Thanks Amelia for the compliments. Your assessment is axactly the problem. There should be no overlapping picture at all. (the slice you see is the one that should stay.......the one on top of that whole background of the section....should not be shown on tablet...and is. The desktop and mobile previews are shown properly.

I still wait for support to get back to me after the auto reply from the same day I posted this thread (I have pro elementor). It's weekend so...:D

A

Amelia

I'd be interested to know how long they take to reply.

I switched from Firefox to Avast browser and that fixed the browser preview issue. But clearing the cache in Firefox didn't work. I didn't clear 'cookies and site data' only 'cached web content'.

TimLippert

TimLippert

I got my reply during the night. He showed me a screenshot of tablet working fine.

I shot a screencast for him to show him how it's the preview that is bugged.

see if you can reproduce this. Open any page or make a new one for testing.
1. Add something on dektop view (an image)
2. Switch to tablet and adjust padding on advanced tab. Changes will be visible.
3. Switch to mobile and adjust padding on advanced tab. Changes will be visible.
3a. Do that also for desktop. Changes will be visible.
4. Switch back to tablet and try to adjust padding again. nothing will move.
5. Go back to desktop or mobile or both and change something and you will see it moving.

If you click the link/unlink button on tablet mode it will fix the bug and you can see changes again....but then its bugged for any further changes if you switch again and switch back.

This is a problem because I don't know a site maker who can do EVERYTHING 100% correctly on the first try.

this is the main bug....its the broken preview

A

Amelia

I'm still seeing that glitch on your About Us page I described before in potrait view on my tablet. It's a smaller sized Amazon Fire one. The text box is shifted below the image which has slice to right. I think my tablet is actually picking up mobile view in Elementor.

Don't ask me why or how but I can't recreate the missing tablet preview issue now! The bug disappeared at some point and fingers crossed hasn't reappeared yet. At Step 4 changes are seen as expected. I'm using Firefox. As a backup in case of issues and to double check I've taken to using this website as well - it has many other preview views too. You may be able to use it to pick up on your glitch:
resposinatordotcom (replace dot with .)

Edit to say: The tablet preview issue reappeared in Firefox. I swapped to using Avast browser which I only use for WP. I clear the cache and cookies/site data and then all is well . . . so far!

Don't know what you mean by the 'link/unlink button on tablet mode' ??????

No, of course no-one's going to get it right first time. Especially not if you have a picky client like mine! People change their minds anyway. It is a design project after all. Actually my client is a friend (the worst type of client IMO) and I'm doing it for free. It's my first Elementor project so learning. Very little WordPress experience at all. It's been a steep learning curve but I do think I'm finally getting there. It's certainly helped to get a bit of input from others - thanks :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official