By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Issue with Post Widget

Tez

Tez

Hi all - I'm having an issue with the Posts Widget. I've created a single post template and have created a custom sidebar. Within the sidebar, I have placed the Post Widget. Everything works great in the edit but it shows two columns when I view it. I have set it to one column. I have cleared all the cache and deactivated all plugins, done a regenerate CSS and opened in incognito but still showing two columns. I'm baffled. Just to add, everything else like Featured Image, Title and Navigator show across the full column. Any of you kind people have an answer?

Attachments

• Screen Shot Elementor prob in edit.png
    Screen Shot Elementor prob in edit.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen Shot Elementor prob in view.png
    Screen Shot Elementor prob in view.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

That sounds theme related or could be the size of your template side column do you have a site url which you can post like **mywebsite.com/mypage

Tez

Tez

That sounds theme related or could be the size of your template side column do you have a site url which you can post like **mywebsite.com/mypage

Hi, thanks for your response. Unfortunately, because I'm new, it won't allow me to post a link. I tried it again on a test site and the same happens. All widgets span the full width of the column except for the Post Widget. I just don't get it.

sms-design

sms-design

you can provide a url by using **mywebsite.com/mypage

sms-design

sms-design

Could you help us with some more information about version of
  • wordpress
  • elementor free/pro
  • widgets
  • plugins
  • themes
  • Web browser
  • OS mac/pc/linux
Screenshot or site url you can provide a url by using **mywebsite.com/mypage which may help people answer your questions.

Tez

Tez

The width of my sidebar is 25%, could I expand the width of the Post Widget using CSS to 25% and if so what would that code be?

Tez

Tez

Okay thanks - see what you think.

**mywebsite.com/https://www.review1t.com/test-blog/

Wordpress: 5.3.2
Elementor Pro
Widget: Pro/Posts
Plugins: Asset CleanUp-Elementor Free/Pro-Ocean Extra-Rank Math-SG Optimiser-Smush-WP Fast Cache
Theme: OceanWP v1.7.4
Chrome
PC

sms-design

sms-design

Your post widget for tablet is set to 2 columns change that and all should fit fine

Tez

Tez

The most simple and obvious thing and I missed it. Fresh eyes works every time. Thank you very much sms-design :)

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official