By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

How to keep menu fixed on screen?

G

ghenski

Hello everyone,

I just started learning WordPress (5.4.2) Elementor (don't know which version but certainly not the pro version). I'm using Astra template using a single section and a single column. To add menu, I used Visit Site > customize > Menus > Menu name and Add Items, etc.

PROBLEM: When I scroll down the page, the menu also gets scrolled up out of screen and does not stay put at the top.

Can anyone pls help me how can I keep my menu always at the top of the page while scrolling? Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Tonio

Tonio

Hi Ghenski,

This is what is called a 'sticky'. You can edit that whitin Elementor editor. The option is n the 'Nav menu' widget > advanced options > animation effects (or something like that, I have a Dutch menu) > sticky.

Also under the advanced > advanced menu, make sure that you're z-index is 1 stay on the top layer.

Hope this helps!

G

ghenski

Thanks Tonio. Looks like Nav Menu is a pro feature. Much appreciated for the perfect answer.

Tonio

Tonio

Oh, sorry, yes it's a pro-future. But there are free wordpress plugins to make headers and other things sticky. I don't have experience with any of those, but maybe you can give it a try.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official