By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Home Pg issues - Please help

F

Floridaboy

Hi all,
Forgive me, I am new to Elementor / Wordpress, and not a great website designer. I was considering Squarespace but wanted to experiment with WP and I'm already having a couple issues with my build on the home page, as follows:

1. Using Astra Mountain Theme, dropped a YouTube video into the contact section background. Looks great on my Mac laptop, but defaults to still pic on iPhone 10. Do these video backgrounds normally work on iPhones? Should I use a widget instead for this background video?

2. Used SmartSlider 3 to create my header. Looks great on all devices, but the little slider side arrows < > disappear on my mobile in the editor and do not show when published. Anyone have a solution or for this? Thanks in advance.

F

Floridaboy

Okay I solved the second issue with a simple tweak in Smart Slider 3.

But I'm still wondering about the video question; is there not a single person on this forum who can let me know if video backgrounds normally work on mobile devices with WordPress / Elementor sites?

F

Floridaboy

Fixed! - So it turns out, because my video was set to 'private' on youtube, mobile users were not able to see it, even though the desktop was somehow able to get around this and display it properly. Weird.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official