By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Elementor single page post template not showing post content

A

arnolfo

My elementor pro single page template is not displaying the most recent post when used on a page.
I am using the MaichaBlog and the most recent version of Elementor Pro.
I've set up a template as described in the "Single page Templates" for elementor, which includes the title, author, and content of a recent post.
Below the recent post are "cards" to display archived posts. Those actually display as expected, however, the recent post does not.

The template's display conditions are set to "Display on Posts > ALL
I set WP to Settings>Reading>Posts>Dwell3.
The actual template page displays correctly in the Elementor Template Editor however the on the page "Dwell3" it all shows as an archive page and no template

I just can't seem to figure out how to show this single page post as a page. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Template assigned to this page > suburbancounselingassociates.com/dwell3/

I set up a mock blog page and manually added the text > suburbancounselingassociates.com/dwell-2/

Last edited:
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Hi,
I'm at a total loss when it comes to posts. I have to tell you though - I love what you did with the Contact Us tabs. What a great idea. I was trying to deicide how to handle contacting the different team members without a drop-down, and your way works.

So, on inspeciting your page, I need to ask: did you try to deactivate Jetpack? I have read that sometimes it gets in the way.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, but please post the solution when you find it - I am sure I will need to know in the near future...

A

arnolfo

K
Hi,
I'm at a total loss when it comes to posts. I have to tell you though - I love what you did with the Contact Us tabs. What a great idea. I was trying to deicide how to handle contacting the different team members without a drop-down, and your way works.

So, on inspeciting your page, I need to ask: did you try to deactivate Jetpack? I have read that sometimes it gets in the way.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, but please post the solution when you find it - I am sure I will need to know in the near future...

Koni,
Thanks. With only three people this idea seemed to be one solid solution.
And yes, I had deactivated plugins but this did not solve the issue.

a-

A

arnolfo

Update.

I have not figured out the problem. It may be due to not understanding WP posts? I'd appreciate anyone taking a look.

Currently, I set the page to show suburbancounselingassociates.com/dwell-2/ and have hidden dwell since that page only shows archives. At this point, I will have to manually create post pages that defeat the convenience of simply adding posts.

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Amit just came out with a tutorial for using a post carousel widget:

And WPLearningLab has a video on Elementor Posts:

I hope these can be of help to you.

A

arnolfo

Thanks, but these are all good for post lists showing an image and post excerpt. I am trying to create one page with the latest post in full along with up to 6 posts list below. This page would be my main blog page. I'd like the page to change anytime a new post is added to show that latest post in full and the previous post added to the list of posts below.

I just can't get this working. If I set my wordpress setting Reading > Posts > "DWELL" then that DWELL page shows archived posts and not the most current post in full. Ugh-just the opposite of what I'd expect...

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I'm sorry. I don't know enough yet to have the right answer.
I would ask the FaceBook Elementor community. Sometimes they answer more quickly.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official