By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Can I use an author email shortcode in Elementor Pro form?

J

joebloom

Hi,

I have tried this with Piotnet and Elementor Pro forms, to no avail.

I have a custom post type, properties, set up on jeffreysbay.com.

I want to include a form on a single property template that sends to the author of the page. In other words, a real estate agent posts a listing on the site and the form automatically sets up that real estate agent's registered email address as the recipient of the query of a form.

I created a custom user called agent, then I created a shortcode using the following code:

Code:
add_shortcode('agent_email', 'email_shortcode_handler', true);
function email_shortcode_handler ( $atts ){global $post;
    //get author email:
    $agent_mail = get_the_author_meta( 'user_email' , $post->post_author );
    return $agent_mail;
}

Then I placed the shortcode, [agent_email], into the (To) email field.

Sticking the shortcode onto a page displays the email address, which proves that the shortcode is correct.

But when I try to send the Elementor form, I get the following message:
Server error. Form not sent.

Is there anyone who can tell me what the problem is?

I asked Elementor support, but they've not gotten back to me yet.

Piotnet support simply tells me there's no problem with their form.

mmarj

mmarj

This is a limitation of Elementor core.
GitHub issue reference- https://github[dot]com/elementor/elementor/issues/10967.

By the way, you can try a plugin like "WP User Frontend (https://wordpress[dot]org/plugins/wp-user-frontend/)" to manage your CPT listing form and other stuff, including multiple emails in "to."

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official