By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Permission denied to access property "elementorFrontend" on cross-origin object

F

fmaz

I use Polylang with subdomains for each language.
Everything work great, except for elementor being unable to load the page the page being accessed through a subdomain, for example fr.example.com/contactez-moi .

I have read in the documentation that when we see the following error, we should ensure X-Frame-Options on the hosting is set to SAMEORIGIN:
Uncaught DOMException: Permission denied to access property "elementorFrontend" on cross-origin object

So I went in my PLESK panel, under the main domain, under Apache & nginx Settings, I selected to enter custom values for Additional headers:
(_) Default
(X) Enter custom value

In the textbox, I entered:
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN

I also tried (which is deprecated anyway):
X-Frame-Options: allow-from fr.example.com

... but it does not seem to have any effect on the error.
Anyone with a Plesk setup has found how to solve this issue ?

Edit:
Note that I now see this additional error:
The loading of “https://fr.example.com/?elementor-preview=275&ver=1611516835” in a frame is denied by “X-Frame-Options“ directive set to “SAMEORIGIN“.

Edit 2:
I have also tried to add the following to my .htaccess, but it did not solve the problem, as per the error from the edit just above:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header always set X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN
</IfModule>

Is Elementor able to manage pages that are published on wildcard subdomains ?

Last edited:
thetechpros

thetechpros

I have a current support case as of 04/13/21 in tier 2 and cant use elementor for the same reason - the fixes I need would be for the Wordpress Environment in Cpanel and most domains Im using this in are sub domains - but not all. The test site i submitted to support is in the non-subsite format - however I do have a /wip with the product intalled on that same domain - i use /wip for development and statging and backups. Please reply.

thetechpros

thetechpros

I have a current support case as of 04/13/21 in tier 2 and cant use elementor for the same reason - the fixes I need would be for the Wordpress Environment in Cpanel and most domains Im using this in are sub domains - but not all. The test site i submitted to support is in the non-subsite format - however I do have a /wip with the product intalled on that same domain - i use /wip for development and statging and backups. Please reply.

Attachments

• from-imunify-cpanel-support_markedup.JPG
    from-imunify-cpanel-support_markedup.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 213
K

kundukundu

I hope you solved your issue. To solve mine, I had to update the header "X-Frame-Options" to "SAMEORIGIN" in nginx + ubuntu.

But you could do it also in apache, or your theme's functions.php.

Functions.php

PHP:
add_action( 'send_headers', 'add_header_xframeoptions' );
function add_header_xframeoptions(){header( 'X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN' );
}

nginx conf

Code:
add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;

apache conf

Code:
Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN

Latest Resources