By using’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

    Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

    Join us!
elementor official

Error after updating to V2.6.5 yesterday "Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. "



New Member

Elementor was working fine. Once I updated to V2.6.5 yesterday, start getting the error.

"Sorry, the content area was not found in your page.
You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page."

I looked for the solution and added this line <?php the_content(); ?> to page.php at the end, it worked to and elementor started to load but all my pages contents get repeated (dobuled),I removed the line and it fixed the issue. Perhaps I need to add additional line or add at a different location.

Here is my PHP page file... please let me know to fix the issue. I tried also deactivate the cache plugins (Swift Performance Lite) but no luck. also under Elementor settings advanced change "Switch Editor Loader Method: Enable but still did not work...


  • page.txt
    638 bytes · Views: 179


Staff member
This is nearly always caused by plugins or theme conflicts. It has no real relation to "the_content" as such,.

Disable all plugins to start with ( except elementor obviously ) and see if that fixes it, if it does slowly enable them one by one until you find the one breaking it.

Some times all you need to do is disable plugins and re-enable them and it solves the problem, I have no idea why but this is often the case with plugins which use shortcode inside an elementor page. We've seen it alot with "everywhere slider" with a simple deactive and active again solves the issue.


New Member
Thanks I will try this course of action... strange thing is it was working fine until I update Elementor to 2.6.5 and suddenly stopped. Do you think if I uninstall Elementor and reinstall again would be a better option....

Here are the plugins...

Revolution Slider - 4.6.5
Simple SSL
Kadence Blocks
Contact Form 7 - 5.1.3
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore - 1.16.15
Yoast SEO - 11.6

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official