By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Elementor Pro License

stinger65

stinger65

Hi to anyone who's reading.
I usually build a website for my clients using a sub domain on my server (I call it 'websiteinprogress.mydomain.com") Once I'm done, and the client approves the website, I transfer it to the client's domain. Now my question is, if I have Elementor Pro on my subdomain, will the Elementor Pro License get transfered to my clients site or do I need to add another License on my clients domain??
Hope the above makes sense.

LynnFleck

LynnFleck

You'll need to authenticate it from the new URL, and disconnect the old one

LynnFleck

LynnFleck

Once you've moved the site, you'll have a big notification that your license is a mismatch (or something like that) in the dashboard - you won't be able to miss it. It'll prompt you to log in and authenticate - just follow the steps. Once in your Elementor account, you'll be able to detach the old site.

nuxxmedia

nuxxmedia

Fellow Elementors,

I'm new to Elem. and I'm not clear why a person would need to purchase multiple licenses of Elem. Pro.

I am the only one going to be using it. I can see if my clients were going to be, but my clients are the kind of people that want someone else to handle their web stuff.

Can't I just load Elem Pro on their site, build it, and then uninstall or de-license it?

I'm told that anything built with Pro will still work.

And I would log in frequently to be sure it's up to date.

Please help me wrap my head around this.

Thanks,

Dan

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Fellow Elementors,

I'm new to Elem. and I'm not clear why a person would need to purchase multiple licenses of Elem. Pro.

I am the only one going to be using it. I can see if my clients were going to be, but my clients are the kind of people that want someone else to handle their web stuff.

Can't I just load Elem Pro on their site, build it, and then uninstall or de-license it?

I'm told that anything built with Pro will still work.

And I would log in frequently to be sure it's up to date.

Please help me wrap my head around this.

Thanks,

Dan

If your providing a service, then realistically either your clients or you would need to provide licences for the sites using it.

Lets say you were taken ill ( god forbid ) or you were on holiday for 2,3 or 4 weeks and couldnt work, couldnt update your clients plugins and there was a security issue during that time?. Or even if their was a highly toxic vunerability which was taking less than 24 hours to infect thousands of sites, an update is released and you didnt know/see it this for say 2-3 days, your clients could easily be hacked, exploited or their domain reputations damaged long term.

Who's taking liability for that ? By ensuring your clients either buy licences, or you have licenced them on their behalf and you've maintained your subscription you are ensuring you are doing everything in your power to keep your clients and their data as safe as possible.

Cost shouldnt be a concern as the clients either pay the licence them selves, or you price properly and include the licence costs/renewals into initial build costs or ongoing maintenance costs.

There are just too many situations where relying on an individual, manually updating is a bad idea. As a service provider myself, if i saw an agency or freeelancer doing so when auditing a site for a potential customer i would instantly recommend moving away from said Freelancer/agency.

Two senarios.

1. Customer owns and maintains their own premium plugin licences. Any failures to update is on their heads and its a chargeable action if something bad happens.

2. As a service provider you provide the licences and updates, you are charging for a maintenance plan or accomodated during build costs. If someone goes wrong as a result of the service you are maintaining, its your responsibility to clean up the mess, which can go way beyond just reinstalling a backup or cleaning up the site its self. Domain reputation damage, Blacklists, huge data breaches.

If the client ever leaves your services, you simply explain you will be disconnecting their licences for the premium software used on the site, and give them links to purchase their own. If they choose not to, thats up to them.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official